It's been a long time coming but there's finally a car in my garage again. I collected the race car from Yorkshire Triumphs a couple of weeks ago and got it back in the garage. The car now has several new fibreglass panels, a new roll cage, all new suspension (which doesn't fit properly, more on that in future), new wheels and a whole host of other minor fixes and modifications to the bodywork. Oh, and a new coat of paint too.
Since then I've been assessing what needs doing and in what order. So far I've worked out that the light bezels all need painting, I need a new fog light and new headlights and the driver's seat doesn't fit. At least the seat doesn't fit where I want it to. More thought is necessary on that one. I did manage to fit the rubber seal to the boot lid though so I guess that counts as progress!
I'll post some pictures of the car when I have chance to get it outside between bouts of rain, snow, hail and other such unpleasantness we seem to be experiencing recently. I did take one quick picture of the car just as it was loaded in the trailer ready to bring it home. It's looking rather resplendent in its brand new just-out-of-the-paint-shop finish.
In the meantime, I've been busy designing a complete new wiring loom with a lot of modifications and a modern fuse box. Here are some pictures of the custom dashboard I've been working on for a while now. I'm quite pleased with the way it's turned out although that gauge pod won't fit on top of the dashboard where I was hoping to put it. I'll have to redesign that.